Monday 12 May 2014

First Impression Review : Oscar Blandi Volumizing Dry Shampoo

*before I start, I would like to remind that these are based on my personal preference / opinion*

Hello all!

So today, I decided to drop by Sephora and use up my 10% discount.
I've been hearing about dry shampoos for quite some time and decided to give it a try.

I asked for recommendation and the consultant recommended me their best selling Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo and so, I tried it on my hair using their tester and it felt okay and smelt refreshing so, Miss Impulse Purchase decided to get it and write up a first impression about this product.




The product claims that it absorbs excess oil and product build-up without stripping the hair. The formula sprays clear, making it undetectable in any colour hair, cleanses without water, and instant boosts volume. 


So you're suppose to :

1. Shake it well
2. Hold it 6 to 8 inches away from your hair and spray it onto your roots.
3. Allow it to dry, then massage hair the same way as when you shampoo with water.
4. Brush through to distribute.
5. If nozzle clogs, rinse with warm water. 

Now now, I admit that I did an impulse purchase on this because my 10% discount was going to expire and I don't wanna waste it but I'm not hating or complaining about this product because it mainly depends on your type of scalp and hair. It may work on some but some may not

Love / Hate? 

So as for my case, it didn't really work at all and in fact, it felt even more greasy and sticky, just as if you haven't wash your hair in days. Exactly that kind of feeling, which is a no-go at all.

The thing that I like about this product is it's lemon-ey scent that makes your hair smell refreshing and it doesn't leave any white marks/patches on your hair as it sprays clear.

As for volumizing wise, hmm.... well it did lift my hair a little but it didn't hold up as long as I thought it would because the greasiness weighed my hair down and it's doesn't look "sexy" at all.

So I've took a picture of my hair after spraying some of the product onto my hair and for those who are eating right now, excuse moi. >.<



There you go. . . 


One thing about Sephora in Asia is that we don't get a refund or exchange once you've used your product unlike western countries, you get to exchange/return your product if you didn't like it. 
*but you're allowed to exchange/refund the product if you have not use it within 14 days (if i'm not mistaken)*

If you live in Asia country, I really suggest that you think carefully before buying it. If you're gonna use up their whole tester, go ahead ha-ha.. but make sure you don't regret after purchasing it.
*NOT CHEAP! :/ *

I've learned my lesson. *big sigh*


Would I purchase it again?
Uhm, definitely a no-go for me. But I might use it once a while, spraying it lightly to make my hair smell good   HAHA, but definitely not onto my roots.




I hope this review helped some of you guys out there in deciding.
Feel free to comment down below if you feel that this review was helpful! &....
Thank you for reading :)

xoxo, Amelia

No comments:

Post a Comment