Thursday 20 March 2014

Comparison : 3CE Lip Lacquer VS NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream


Hi all!

Recently, I finally got my hands on Stylenanda's 3 Concept Eyes Lip Lacquer!
I've been waiting so long for this! I can finally compare it with NYX's Soft Matte Lip Cream.

A friend of mine helped me purchased the 3CE Lip Lacquer from Hong-dae, Korea. (approx. RM62)
It's definitely cheaper to get it from Korea.
I've seen locals selling them the lowest at RM70, highest RM95.

& I bought NYX's Soft Matte Lip Cream for RM26 @ Sephora.
Probably one of the cheapest makeup brand around the store (with quality)!
Worth to try! :)



Okay before I start, I'm not a professional makeup artist so these are just my honest opinion of the products (coming from just a makeup lover).


Let's begin with swatches!

3CE Lip Lacquer (SHOW TIME) // NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream (ADDIS ABABA)
WITHOUT flash.
3CE Lip Lacquer (SHOW TIME) // NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream (ADDIS ABABA)
WITH flash.


Shades may be different but we're comparing the quality.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Packaging



Both packaging are simple and clean.



BUT I love 3CE Lip Lacquer's packaging more (of course, I paid for such high price for it)! The bottle is sleek and simple with a matte cap. Well of course, it is consider as a high-end make up product, that's why the packaging looks more appealing than NYX's Soft Matte Lip Cream.

A better way to describe them :
3CE looks more elegant, NYX looks more casual.









Texture

Both lip product has a matte finish. I would't say both are moisturizing or one is more moisturizing than the other. I still find it a little dry so I would recommend applying a layer of lip balm before you apply any lip colour and then lastly top it off with a little amount of lip gloss at the center of your lips to keep it moisturized and soft all day long! :)


Pigmentation
Lip Lacquer's more pigmented than Soft Matte Lip Cream.

If you're looking for a bold and super pigmented lip product, then the Lip Lacquer is the one for you.

BUT if you're like me, not such a fan of bold and pigmented lip product then NYX's Soft Matte Lip Cream is perfect for you. (:


ALSO, it depends on how much you apply them on your lips.
A little goes a long way. (:


Does it Stain?
3CE Lip Lacquer LEFT , NYX Lip Cream RIGHT










For those who prefer lip products that stains your lips so that you don't have to reapply every few hours or maybe after meal, you may want to consider getting the Lip Lacquer. It may be pricey but the quality is there.

As you can see, after an hour, I wiped both lip product off my hands and you can see the Lip Lacquer stains more than the Soft Matte Lip Cream.

Some people believe that lip products that stains our lips are harmful to us but some doesn't so at the end, it's still based on your personal preference.

Which do you prefer? Stain or not? 


Scent

3CE's Lip Lacquer has NO scent at all whereas NYX's Soft Matte Lip Cream has a sweet vanilla scent to it but the scent isn't overpowering at all, it's quite smooth and sweet to smell.
Definitely doesn't irritate your nose (better than those lipstick that has a weird old smell) .

Brush Applicator











The 3CE Lip Lacquer has a pointy/sharper tip,















while the NYX's Soft Matte Lip Cream has a round tip but both applies smoothly on your lips.

I like both but I prefer pointier brush applicator because it gives a cleaner edge on the lips.
(Y'know what I mean?)

What about you? (: 



I hope this comparison/review helps you a little if you're deciding to get either one of them!

Thank you for reading my blog! Bye!

xoxo, Amelia


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(my skin and eye colour)

Skin Tone : Light       Medium       Dark

Eye Colour : Brown      Blue        Black






No comments:

Post a Comment